Sunday 16 October 2011

First Post

Evening all. First things first I can't spell.. If you read this blog it will stand out like dogs ba!!s very quickly.

I have been meaning to this for quite some time to start a blog on what it is like being a regular cyclist in Brisbane. I have been trying for quite some time to see if anybody has started a similar blog but I am yet to find one.

I am regular bloke that just happens to ride to work. I have been doing this for many years and I am convinced it is a very smart way to get around. While yes during this time I have had some accidents it has never scared my of riding a bike, it has just further convinced me that things need to improve in Brisbane towards making cycling a option for everyone. Whilst most people either hate or love Bicycle Queensland (http://www.bq.org.au/) there is one statement that needs to be made a reality. "Everyday Cycling Everyday"

Why the Blog name. A few years back a fellow worker gave it to me. You see when I ride to work I ride with no shirt on. (yes even winter)
Why
a. It's bloody hot (it's brisbane)
b. We have no showers at work

What will I be posting about, mostly cycling and Public Transport related issues of Brisbane. I intend to diverge every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment