Wednesday 23 May 2012

Citycycle - a quick trip

OK last night I had some jobs to do and one of them involved going out to Toowong. To save money and time instead of using the bus or my own bike I used Citycycle. Well on the ride home I surprised myself with how fast these bikes can move. The trip was Toowong to QUT  as can be seen on this map.

The distance as can be seen is a bit over 5ks. Now I was not going hard, think of walking at a steady pace sort of effort. Well I made the 5ks in 16mins. This equals 18.75kmph average. I have to say not bad for a bike that is not designed for speed. What make this more impressive is the fact that the citycat takes 14minutes between these to points. It effectively means it is faster to ride a heavy city bike between these two points then it is to use a high speed catamaran. Just more proof that cycling is a smart way to get around in my mind.

Oh I will be doing a proper post on Citycycle when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment