Monday 2 July 2012

Carbon Pollution Tax finally here

Yesterday was a very important day in Australia. Yesterday was the first day that the Carbon Pollution Tax came into affect. Now I will admit it I believe in human induced climate change and I have for a very long time. As one that has been trained in horticulture it is a no brainier to me. Even if it did not affect the climate I still would support the Carbon Pollution Tax as increased carbon allows plants to produce more defencive mechanisms. This can be seen here on the ABC's award winning science show. That all said if your point of view is different that is fine, your view is your view and my view is my view.

The main problem I see with the Carbon Pollution Tax is that it does not include petrol. Now this is not to say all people should stop using there vehicles as it is true some people do need to drive but many don't. There is nothing that changes the way one behaves like a little cost incentive.

So what has this got to do with riding a bike. Well one of the reasons why people say they will not ride a bike is because of air pollution. While Brisbane has very little smog compared with Sydney and Melbourne smog can still be seen some morning and it is a depressing thing to see. The main cause of this smog is people in cars. It has long been held as common fact that when riding a bike you will breath in more pollutants then if you were in a car. While it may be held as common fact it is not true as had been said in numerous studies such as here and commented on here . No matter people will believe what they see so cleaner & less cars are the only real answer to air pollution.

I know this blog does not truly make sense but I just wanted to point out a milestone occurred yesterday and even though it is floured it is still important and welcomed.

PS spellcheck is currently not working

A simple explanation



No comments:

Post a Comment