Tuesday 8 January 2013

Citycycle & Christmas Shopping

Time to look back on how I did the Christmas Shop his year.
So it is that time again. I have to say I hate being in crowds, It is never pleasant thing for me. I will flat out make the male stereotype comment and say I HATE shopping and Christmas shopping is no different.

Just like last year I did it with the help of CityCycle. While I could of done it with my own bike the idea of lunging around a great big backpack around the CBD was not appealing. You also get strange looks when a twenty something walks into a store with a massive bag. Nor is it comfortable with the constant worry that the said backpack may knock over some expensive item in a shop. CityCycle it was.

Summer has hit Brisbane and I can safely say riding without a backpack was very much needed if you intend on walking about in crowds in the heat & humidity. After the slow trundle into the city the bike was docked & the pain began. After shopping for an hour I was done and thankfully that was all I could do. Looking at my fabric shopping bag everything only barely fitted in. This load would of been very uncomfortable if it had been in a backpack memories of TAFE come flooding back. Getting back to the bike it only barely fitted in the basket (see attached photo). Trundling home all I could think was "It's good I don't have a backpack on" The heat of the day was going no where.

As usual my otherhalf was surprised at how much I got home, with the why not use the BUZ. "I like to ride"
While this post is a bit of a rant the point is I did most of my Christmas shopping on a bike. Now if only more people could learn the same thing!

OH photo will be loaded when blog services works properly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment